most comprehensive event listings in Kelowna

Postcard Project & Studio Sale



Tue, Aug 3rd, 2021 to Sat, Aug 7th, 2021


11:00 am to 6:00 pm


The Alternator has once again adorned our walls salon style in both support and celebration of our diverse creative community.

To commemorate our 32nd in the Kelowna arts community we invited our members to take part in our annual members’ exhibition, the Postcard Project & Studio Sale!

The Postcard Project & Studio Sale is an opportunity for local artists to exhibit their work in the Alternator’s professional gallery space, creating a grand mosaic that showcases both the people involved with the gallery and the work they produce. This annual members’ exhibition doubles as an exhibition and sale where visitors can take home (or gift!) a part of the Okanagan’s rich arts community. Artists will take home 75% of sales while the remaining 25% will go towards supporting the Alternator’s programming.

This year, we have included a new twist to the exhibition by inviting artists to create one-of-a-kind postcards. 32 Alternator member artists (one for each year of our existence!) were invited to create up to 10 unique postcards in any visual medium to be sold at $10 each. Guests are encouraged to send their purchased postcard out to friends or family, keep for themselves, or to have the Alternator send on your behalf (within Canada); just provide the address and we will take care of the rest!


Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art

421 Cawston Ave, Unit 103, Kelowna


For more info: